Neck Pain Treatment with our North Massapequa Chiropractor
At Dr. Vanessa Troise Chiropractic & Holistic Wellness, our chiropractor considers it her privilege to provide natural and drug-free neck pain relief in Massapequa and other nearby areas.
Types of Neck Pain and Related Symptoms
The neck involves several important connective tissue structures, such as vertebral bones (7 of them in the cervical spine), ligaments, tendons, spinal discs, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. Any or all of these (as well as certain other factors) can contribute to a person's experience of neck pain, which may be described as:
When a person does experience neck pain, they usually experience additional symptoms as well, depending on the underlying cause and contributing factors. Such additional signs and symptoms may range from stiffness and reduced mobility in the neck and shoulders, headaches and jaw pain, muscle soreness and spasms, and numbness, tingling, and weakness in one or both arms.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
So, why would you be having neck pain in the first place? Dr. Troise has identified several common causes and risk factors among her patients:
- Poor posture, repetitive overhead motion, and improper body mechanics (at the desk, in the car, during sports, or even while using a smartphone)
- Osteoarthritis, spondylosis, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs, and other "wear and tear" related complications
- Disc herniation or bulge, with or without the presence of cervical radiculopathy (nerve impingement)
- Trauma, including whiplash, joint subluxations, and muscle strains due to a fall or car accident
- The presence of other underlying conditions, such as fibromyalgia, thoracic outlet syndrome, psychological stress, or even referred pain from a heart attack in rare (and acute) cases
Of course, in some cases there's no clear cause; fortunately, even these idiopathic cases can still respond positively to chiropractic care.
How Our Massapequa Chiropractor Provides Neck Pain Relief
As a Massapequa chiropractor, Dr. Troise utilizes several of her skills and natural therapies to help people find a drug-free resolution to their neck pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments realign cervical bones, relieving pressure on surrounding connective tissues and alleviating tension in the central nervous system
- Postural screens and analysis help Dr. Troise help you identify ways that you move in your daily life which may be exacerbating your symptoms
- Corrective exercises can be prescribed to promote tissue healing and correct postural and strength imbalances
Are You Looking For Neck Pain Treatment in North Massapequa? Contact Dr. Troise Today
Dr. Vanessa Troise has been providing high quality chiropractic and holistic care for over 17 years. She's honored to be a leading area provider for neck pain treatment in North Massapequa and would be happy to meet you and help you heal from your acute or chronic pain and dysfunction.